of Nonfiction Content
GO Everywhere with Grolier Online!
Grolier Online is the most comprehensive collection of nonfiction content available online. Vast, vetted, and varied, it delivers limitless resources that provide learners with endless possibilities for exploration.
Grolier Online Features:
- Over 120,000 primary-source articles, all Lexiled
- Over 340,000 editor vetted web links
Over 1,100 world newspapers in 73 languages representing 195 countries
Grolier Online delivers science and social studies content in an accessible, engaging process with introductory
videos to build background knowledge before students read the accompanying ebook.
- Direct links to over 1,100 world newspapers in 73 languages, representing 195 countries
- More than 1,200 clickable, interactive maps, atlases, and timelines
- GOTube videos that grab students’ interest and builds background knowledge
- Read-aloud functionality available for all articles
- IWB-compatible for whole-class or small-group use
You can choose from five customized interfaces that are designed to engage and meet the needs of a particular user. Each includes features and returns search results based on reading levels tied to the following domains:
- Primary School
- Middle Years
- High School
- Adult Patron
Grolier Online features eight unique, curriculum-aligned databases that you can choose from to create a targeted experience for your student population. It also includes classroom resources like suggested lesson plans with activities like pro-con debates and more.
- Three general reference databases: The New Book of Knowledge, Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia, and Encyclopedia Americana
- Two science intensive databases: Amazing Animals of the World and The New Book of Popular Science
- Two social studies focused databases: Lands and Peoples and America the Beautiful
- One Spanish language database: La Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre